COVID-19: We are pleased to announce that we are integrating the use of telehealth as part of our assessments. This option is being utilized as clinically appropriate. If you are interested to learn more, please contact our office and we will work with you to assess all of your options.
Psychological testing is used for a variety of situations to help provide diagnostic clarification regarding behavioral concerns, personality traits, mood disorders, emotional functioning, and cognitive ability. Typically a battery of measures designed to specifically address referral questions will be tailored to each individual and administered based on the presenting concerns. The evaluation will be able to address specific referral questions from your provider.
SOME REASONS THAT INDIVIDUALS ARE REFERRED FOR PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING INCLUDE:
- Diagnostic clarification when an individual is not responding to other behavioral health or pharmacological interventions.
- When there is a history of trauma, self-harm, or chronic suicidal ideation.
- When there are problems with interpersonal relationships that are significantly impacting an individual's daily functioning.
- When there is a need for presurgical clearance for bariatric surgery or implantation of a spinal cord stimulator.
- When there is a need for an assessment related to your employment (e.g., fitness for duty, pre-employment screenings).